The Scottish Fair Trade Forum, along with the Network of International Development Organisations in Scotland (NIDOS) and the Scottish Malawi Partnership, created and submitted a manifesto outlining six major points candidates are asked to adopt in their election platforms. The list of points includes:
(1) Maintaining or increasing Scotland’s International Development Fund and Climate Justice Fund.
(2) Ensuring the delivery of the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals, both domestically and internationally.
(3) Valuing, engaging and supporting the contribution wider civic society makes to Scotland’s international development effort.
(4) Ensuring Scotland’s international development is underpinned by two-way dignified partnership.
(5) Mainstreaming Policy Coherence for Development (PCD) across the Scottish Government.
(6) Developing Scotland as a Fair Trade Nation.
The manifesto can be read in full on NIDOS’ website. The Forum will be hosting a hustings event on Wednesday 16 March along with SMP, NIDOS and Christian Aid Scotland. Please follow this link to register your places at the event: http://bit.ly/1RsS4ic