Our vision is of a world in which justice, equity and sustainable development are at the heart of trade structures and where Scotland recognises the dignity and rights of producers through a commitment to Fair Trade.
The Scottish Fair Trade Forum contributes to building a just, equitable and sustainable world through supporting Scotland to remain a vibrant Fair Trade Nation and working to embed the principles of Fair Trade in all aspects of Scottish society.
The 10 principles of Fair Trade are the bedrock of all our work, informing what we do and how we do it.
Some of the things we do:
- Support local Fair Trade groups and campaigners through events, grants and information
- Promote Fair Trade businesses in Scotland
- Engage with Fair Trade networks and organisations globally
- Encourage elected representatives to support Fair Trade
- Promote Fair Trade procurement within the Scottish public sector
- Support engagement with Fair Trade in early years, schools, colleges and universities
- Partner with Fair Trade producers to promote awareness and purchasing of Fair Trade products