This event has passed. Follow the links below to find out more about the speakers, their work and their organsiations.
A Fairtrade Fortnight event exploring Fairtrade’s role in tackling the climate emergency with perspectives from :
- Keesje Avis, Nourish Scotland
- Fatima Ismael, SOPPEXCCA Coffee Co-operative, Nicaragua.
- Dr Michael Mikulewicz, Centre for Climate Justice, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Mohammed Ruzzi, Palestine Fair Trade Association
- Colleen Tait, the Scottish Fair Trade Forum
- David Taylor, the Fairtrade Foundation
Chaired by Martin Rhodes, the Scottish Fair Trade Forum.
Key links and documents from the event:
- A Climate of Crisis: Farmers, our Food and the Fight for Justice , a report by the Fairtrade Foundation
- Find out more about the academic work of Michael Mikulewicz, including this study on the role of microfinance in climate change adaptation.
- Nourish Scotland, a Scottish charity focusing on food policy and practice.
- Zaytoun is a UK-based social enterprise that supports Palestinian farmers through Fair Trade. They have a number of Fairtrade Fortnight deals on Fairtrade Palestinian products.
- Fatima Ismael is from the Soppexcca cooperative in Nicaragua. Find out more here.