Fair Trade in Education Week will take place during the week 4-8 March 2024
The aim is to showcase work going on in education across Scotland on Fair Trade; and to highlight how Fair Trade supports of SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production.
Everyone is welcome to join in.
– Through the week of 4-8 March 2024, we’re planning to highlight on social media, examples of great Fair Trade education, highlighting the importance of presenting Fair Trade to our global citizens as a different way of doing business and trade that cares for people and the planet. See Facebook and X during the week.
– A set of two lessons on Fair Trade and SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production with a focus on Fairtrade cotton, for use and adaption by educators.
– And the Scottish Parliament Cross Party Group on Fair Trade on 6 March at 12:30pm that will focus on Fair Trade in Education. We’ll hear from:
– Colin Smyth MSP
– Andy Ashcroft of Koolskools – founder of Koolskools and supplier of ethical and Fairtrade cotton school uniform
– Sreeranga Rajan of Dibella India – Head of a sustainable supply chain and producer of fair, transparent and regenerative organic cotton apparel
– Louise White and students, Corpus Christi Primary School, Glasgow
– Holly Brown, Sustainability Coordinator, University of St Andrews
– Eileen Imlah, Lecturer, New College Lanarkshire
– Diana Firth, WOSDEC
– Scottish Fair Trade Forum
If you’re involved in education and have some Fair Trade teaching and learning to share, please email email@example.com.