This annual campaign, organised by our partner the Fairtrade Foundation, brings together groups, campaigners, companies and NGOs interested in fighting for justice for people and our planet.
Fairtrade, Climate and You
In Fairtrade Fortnight 2021, we will focus on the growing challenges that climate change brings to farmers and workers in the communities Fairtrade works with. Farmers and workers in developing countries are feeling the impact of the climate emergency now despite having contributed to it the least. We know that:
- Climate change is one of their biggest challenges right now.
- Low prices for their crops mean that they are struggling to fight back.
- With more money through Fairtrade they feel more equipped to meet their everyday needs and deal with the challenges posed by climate change.
This Fairtrade Fortnight, we are asking you to Choose the World You Want: use your voice to tell others about the challenges that farmers face and the importance of Fairtrade.
Are you based in Scotland and interested in bringing Fairtrade Fortnight to your community, workplace, school, college or university? If so, it would be great to have you on board.
To get started, you can:
- Sign up to our newsletter to hear what will be happening in Scotland.
- Email Colleen to let us know if you are planning something, need support or have ideas on how to make the most of online campaigning this year.
- Find your local Fair Trade community group, school or faith group.
- Keep an eye on the Fairtrade Foundation’s website for more information about UK-wide activities and events.
All of our Fairtrade Fortnight 2021 will take place online but are working hard to ensure that Fortnight will be as interesting, dynamic and effective as ever.