Fairtrade Fortnight 2023 is taking place 27 February – 12 March 2023.
This Fairtrade Fortnight, the message is a simple one: choose Fairtrade now and help save our favourite foods.
Find out more about this year’s Fairtrade Fortnight and how to get involved.
Our plans to support Fairtrade Fortnight in Scotland include:
– 8 February, 4:00-5:30pm – an online professional learning session for GTCS registered teachers in partnership with Scotdec and the Fairtrade Foundation. Register here.
– An education resource to explore Fairtrade, climate change and food security at nursery, primary and secondary levels during Fairtrade Fortnight. Find it here.
– 27 February, 7:30-8:30pm – an online event with Eco Congregation Scotland to raise awareness of the links between Fair Trade and climate change (invitations to their members will come from Eco Congregation Scotland).
– We’re joining to the Fairtrade Foundation’s Big Fairtrade Get Togethers – sign up here.
– The Cross Party Group on Fair Trade for Fairtrade Fortnight will take place on Tuesday 7 March, 1:00pm at the Scottish Parliament.
– Caring About Our Food And Our Communities – a project to exchange information between food growing and farming communities in Scotland and Malawi, will be launched during a small online event on Friday 10 March, 11:00am-12:00pm. Find out more and register here.
– A short newsletter that can be shared with groups, faith organisations and others about Fairtrade Fortnight and Scotland’s 10th Anniversary as a Fair Trade Nation.
Scotland’s 10th anniversary as a Fair Trade Nation will take place on 25 February. We have a week of events and activities planned for 18-25 February. Please join us – find out how to here.