I want to
- broaden my understanding of the world by learning about human activities and achievements in the past and present
- develop my understanding of my own values, beliefs and cultures and those of others
- develop my understanding of the principles of democracy and citizenship through experiences of critical and independent thinking
- engage in activities which encourage enterprising attitudes
- develop an understanding of concepts that stimulate enterprise and influence business
Example from Experiences and Outcomes
I can contribute to a discussion of the difference between my needs and wants and those of others around me.
See SOC 1-16a Social Studies: Experiences and Outcomes.
Human needs form the basis of basic human rights for all. How does Fairtrade help producers access clean water, healthcare and education?
Why not take up the 90kg Rice Challenge? Go to Just Trading Scotland for more details. The Challenge also links in with other topics such as geography, RME and enterprise.